Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's okay to fall. But, do get up and walk.

24-years-old Yatin Gupta talks about how he hit rock-bottom emotionally and has since then been fighting, surviving and challenging life's little decisions by controlling his temper and channelising his energies in the proper way. Everyone has a story from which we can learn. Come read what Yatin has to say ... 



At times, fighting your inner demons and situations around you is extremely tough. They take a toll on you. You lose your patience, your calm and are always grumpy & frustrated. All this has been keeping me on my toes since March 2011 when something really unexpected had happened. 

I, am one person who hardly gives up on things and people until and unless I have totally mutilated all scopes of survival in the relationship or that particular thing. But you feel helpless & lose hope, when things begin to go haywire in an unexpected way. That’s what had exactly happened with me. 

Nevertheless, I am a fighter and I believe in learning from mistakes & experiences; shall continue to do so. Do I have any other option?  In the past couple of months, I have re-discovered myself. A lot of people including my childhood friends and people around me have been telling me that I have changed and for the good. Though, some people didn't feel so and left after tagging me with a lot of derogatory and negative adjectives; now I feel even that happened for the good. 

Of late, I concentrate more on myself rather than pleasing people. In spite of trying too hard, I know it wouldn't please them in any way, so it's better to leave them behind and move on as I am a firm believer of the fact that life moves on and you have to keep moving with it.

Anger management is something I have taken up quite seriously and I have been reading a lot about it lately. I now ensure that I don’t lose my temper easily over things. May be I was too vulnerable back then but now I am not. Books! Books have helped me a lot. They have changed me as a person. Now instead of wasting time here and there, I prefer to read a book as they take me a completely different world. I really don’t know how this change has occurred but it has happened for good. The owner of this blog pushed me into reading at the right time when I was clueless about what should I do. 

Since August 2012, I think I have managed to read more than 100 books, which is quite an achievement for me. 7 books in 7 days is something that I have achieved and now my target is to read 30 books in 30 days. 28 books in 30 days is something that I have done and now I just have to push myself a bit more and I know I will be able to do a 30 days-30 books marathon. Next on the list can be guessed by any person with a bit of grey matter. Yes, its 365 days - 365 books. I am not really sure if I will be able to do this in the near future but I HAVE to do in this lifetime. Dr Shashi Tharoor has inspired me to do that. Apparently, he has done it and he is a mortal like you and me. So, why can’t I? :D 

Twitter has always helped me a lot, personally and as well as professionally. I have learnt many things from people there. 

The two most important lessons I have learnt over time are ~ Ignorance is bliss and Silence is Golde”. I am sticking to them for good, I know they'l help me a lot in the future. 

I really don’t know how to sum up this post. All I can say here is, it just takes a wise thought and a dedicated effort to bring the change in you. As Jeffrey Archer said in one of the events that I attended, "If you want to do something, why wait for it? Why wait for an inspiration? Just do it. If you are making excuses to not to do it, you are fooling no one else but yourself!"

-----

You can follow Yatin on twitter here. On Facebook he is here and his blog which has got more than a million hits in only four months, is here.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Sam for sharing it here. I feel privileged ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to believe i know Yatin,after all I have met him more than a couple of times. I am personally indebted to him for bringing me back to books at a time when i needed diversion the most! There is a lot to draw strength from, from this post. Knowing him and how he deals with every hurdle comes his way I really am proud of him!

    I loved reading this post, very well written Yatin, direct Dil se!:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Yo Yatin!!
    Aren't you awesome!!
    Love Always,
    B

    ReplyDelete

#BookReview: An Awfully BIG Adventure by Aniesha Brahma

On the jacket: Seventeen-year-old Yoshita Ray has stopped believing in happily ever after and fairy tales ever since her mother aba...